Look at this awesome spin-off of Spanikopeta that OodlzOfNoodlz came up with! Fantastic!
Using puff pastry in place of phyllo dough, this spinach pie is on my A List!
You can cook this in a convection type oven and just watch the cooking times. Convection ovens don’t heat the house up and there is usually no pre-heating.
Las Vegas Cool & Easy Cooking
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 pre-made puff pastry shell
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F
- Combine cottage cheese, red onion, 2 eggs + yolk, basil, oregano, salt & pepper
- Mix in spinach
- Line a 9″ springform pan with 1/2 of the rolled out pastry shell, and pour in the spinach & cheese mixture
- Top with remaining pastry shell half and brush egg white on top
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Wait at least 10 minutes to cut and serve
1. Combine cheese, onion, eggs, basil, oregano, salt & pepper with spinach, and pour into pastry shell
2. Top the mixture with remaining half of…
View original post 32 more words